Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Spoon Theory

This came to me via the listserv for my favorite science-fiction convention:
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf

It really made an impression on me, perhaps in part because I'm gearing up emotionally for a memorial service tomoro for a vibrant woman lost to breast cancer at age 43. I only had a chance to work with her for a few months before the recurrence of her cancer forced her to quit her job and prepare for the end. She leaves behind a husband and 2 small children. I cannot begin to imagine what they're going thru, but the above article gave me a glimmering.

Every second is precious. We each choose how we will spend ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home