Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I've Been 2-Timing You

I usually manage to post something to my journal (and ship it out to my e-mail list) every day or 2, but lately I haven't been doing that. Now the truth can be told. I've been 2-timing you.

A couple of days before Xmas, some fundie named Kurt Williamsen wrote an absolutely outrageous essay for the Appleton Post-Crescent, in which he dumped a steaming pile of lies about atheists and atheism on the paper's unsuspecting readers. He was so wrong in so many different ways about so many different things that he totally torqued me off. His essay was outrageous, and I got properly outraged.

Fortunately, the Post-Crescent runs an on-line forum, where they invite basically anybody with internet access to comment on their articles. I've been going at this guy with a vengeance, basically ripping him a new one every day for the last couple of weeks. And I'm not done yet.

If you'd like to follow the action, this is where it's at:

Original article by Kurt Williamsen

Ensuing discussion forum, with many contributions by me

I'll wind down in another week or so and get back to my normal schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home