Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Knew Knee for Me

So the doc said pretty much what I figured: "You need a new knee.". Mine will undoubtedly be a rare one, as it's gonna be installed on Feb. 29.

They gleefully promised me that the 3 following days would be filled with excruciating agony but for the Really Good Drugs they'll be giving me. I can hardly wait. 8^)

So, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the hospital, then they send me home on Monday with a strict exercise regimen and the promise that I'll be back to what presently passes for normal by the end of March and considerably better than that by the end of April. Also a nice new zipper down the front of my knee. But I won't be moving around much for the 1st couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home