Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Friday, April 15, 2011

National Severe Weather Awareness Week

April 10 kicked off national Severe Weather Awareness Week with 12 confirmed tornadoes in Wisconsin, the most ever in 1 day in April. That caut my interest, so I paid careful attention to what my NOAA weather radio had to say the rest of the week. Here's what I learned in a nutshell:

(1) On the road, you’re in danger from tornadoes. Get out of your car and lie down in a ditch.
(2) In low-lying areas, you can drown in a flash flood. Get out of that ditch and head for the hills.
(3) The highest object around gets hit by lightning. Get off of that hill and into your car.
(4) On the road, you’re in danger from tornadoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home