Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Constant among the Turmoil

Coverage of the protests in Madison has, quite rightly, focused on the human concerns. But, every now and again, I see a picture like this one

from today's Wisconsin State Journal coverage and it whacks me upside the head all over again: "God, what an absolutely beautiful building!"

I figure even Scott Walker may wait a year or 2 before trying to sell it off.

= = = = = =
John: I can build a new [model railroad] village — an even better one! In fact I've already started to see how I'm going to do it.
Elly: You're amazing.
John: Oh, I think I'm pretty ordinary. Guys who build stuff have had to put up with vandals since the days of the cave man.
Elly: What does that say for evolution?
John: The builders are winning.

-- Lynn Johnston, "For Better or for Worse", 2000 Nov. 7

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Is it all awkward to you that you just said "God, what a beautiful building." when your tagline clearly states you are an atheist?

I'm relatively new to the group, but every time I say something like that or "bless you" when someone sneezes, I take a step back...

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home