Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Machine that Changed the World

Last Sunday was Super Bowl 43, which triggered a cascade of 25-year-old memories for me. Partway thru the 3rd quarter of Super Bowl 18 on 1984 Jan. 22, we saw why 1984 wasn't going to be like 1984, and the world has never been the same since.

This is the ad that Advertising Age magazine named the best TV commercial of the 20th Century. No argument from me, tho I confess that it's the "Think Different" ad that always moves me to tears.

Happy 25th birthday, Mac!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home