Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Guarding the White House in 2009

One sunny day in 2009, an old man approaches the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He walks up to the Marine standing guard and sys "I'd like to go in and meet with President Bush."

The Marine replies "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer President and doesn't reside here."

The old man says "Okay" and walks away.

The following day, the same man again approaches the White House and says to the same Marine "I want to go inside and meet with President Bush."

The Marine again tells the man "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is not the President any more and doesn't live in the White House."

The man thanks him and again walks away.

The next day, the same man approaches the same Marine and says "May I go in and meet with President Bush?"

The Marine, now starting to fear for the old man's mental health, looks at him and says "Sir, this is the 3rd day in a row you've been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I've told you already several times that Mr. Bush isn't President any more. His term was over in January and he moved out. He doesn't live in the White House any more. Don't you understand?"

The old man answers "Oh, I understand you fine, I just love hearing your answer!"

The Marine snaps to attention, salutes, and says "See you tomorrow, sir!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home