Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Republicans Whack Day 1

Didja hear that the Republicans decided to cancel almost all of Monday's activities for their convention in Saint Paul? The ostensible reason was out of some kind of, I dunno, respect I guess you'd call it, for the folx in the path of Hurricane Gustav.

I bet that pisses off the networks, which were all geared up for full-bore coverage of the convention and now have all of their major equipment and big names there, twiddling their thumbs.

Meanwhile, Milwaukee and Obama will be center stage.

This seemed like a remarkably media-obtuse move on the part of the GOP, voluntarily giving up 1 day's coverage out of the 4 available to them, and I couldn't at 1st figure out why they'd do it.

Then I saw a list of the events that would be cancelled, front and foremost of which were speeches by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. That's when the light bulb went off.

Hurricane, Louisiana, Bush. I'm sure they figured "Better dead air than THAT!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home