Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Recommended Viewing

Folx a few decades younger than me, plus some nearer my own age who haven’t been paying attention, may have wondered what all the fuss was about a couple of days ago when it was announced that Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) had died of cancer. “Who was that guy? Why should I care?”

Those questions are amply answered by the just-released documentary film John Lewis: Good Trouble. It’s streaming on Google Play and will be the best 7 bux you spend all week.



Cowardice asks the question “Is it safe?” Expediency asks the question “Is it politic?” Vanity asks the question “Is it popular?” But conscience asks the question “Is it right?” And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one’s conscience tells one that it is right.

— Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968), American civil-rights leader, Nobel Peace Prize winner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home