Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Woman on the $10 Bill

The US Treasury Department has announced that it would like to feature a woman (by law, a dead woman) on the $10 bill, replacing incumbent Alexander Hamilton. They’ll ask for suggestions on a website (not yet launched) and over social media with the hashtag #TheNew10.

Altho I know that a pacifist doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of making the final cut, I’m nonetheless going to be pushing for Jeannette Rankin.

= = = = = =
You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.

— Jeannette Rankin (1880-1973), 1st US Congresswoman. Rankin served only 2 terms in Congress, each time losing her chance for re-election because she had voted against US entry into a world war. She cast the lone vote against WW2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home