Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Bush Says "Trust Me"

Don't worry about possible corruption or influence-peddling in the firing of the US attorneys. Why not? Well, we have it on literally the highest authority -- Dear Leader George W. Bush -- that there were no irregularities. "We did nothing wrong.", he insists.

Subpoenas? We don't need no stinkin' subpoenas! Can't we just settle this like gentlemen, with a little quiet conversation? Behind closed doors? Without witnesses? Or notes?

The subtext: "Trust me."

It's probably never going to happen unless he starts hitting the sauce again*, but O how I would love to hear these words falling from his lips on national TV: "Would I lie to you?".

- - - - - -
* a non-trivial possibility, given the way things are going

= = = = = =
If George W. Bush said the Sun rises in the east, I’d be up tomoro at dawn with a compass in my hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home