Russellings

Miscellaneous musings from the perspective of a lefty (both senses) atheist with a warped sense of humor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, WI, United States

I am a geek, but I do have some redeeming social skills. I love other people's dogs, cats, and kids. Snow sucks, but I'm willing to put up with it just to live in Madison.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Double Feature Recommendation

For those who love good movies, the stars have aligned out at Madison's Market Square Cinemas (the cheap, 2nd-run theater), where you can watch a do-it-yourself double feature of The Last King of Scotland and The Queen, with Oscar-winning performances by Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin and Helen Mirren as Elizabeth 2. You can certainly see why they deserved the awards. It's perfect casting, ranking right up there with Christopher Reeve as Superman, Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier, Madonna as Evita, and Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home