• Sunday Sep. 11 • 6-10 PM
• High Noon Saloon, 701 E. Washington Avenue, Madison
• $10 cover charge at the door
This is a fund-raiser for Wisconsin United To Amend (WIUTA), a grass-roots citizens’ movement dedicated to amending the US Constitution to declare that
(1) only actual human beings have human rights,
(2) free spending does not count as free speech, and
(3) our society needs reasonable regulation of campaign financing.
The event will feature live music from 3 rock bands, a silent auction, a raffle, very little speechmaking, and emceeing by Mike Crute of the radio show "The Devil's Advocates". And, of course, all the food and drink you care to purchase.
Remember the date: 9/11. (Something familiar about that.) And tell your friends. You don't have to be a genius to be appalled by the Supreme Court's disastrous decision in Citizens United v. FEC. Simply having a functioning brain should suffice.
(PS: In the interests of full disclosure, I’m co-chair of South Central Wisconsin United To Amend, so I’m not exactly unbiased about this.)
= = = = = =
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
—Big Brother (1984)
Corporations are people.
Money is speech.